Make Your Own Herbal Tea
Learning how to make your own herbal tea is not only fun and interesting, but you can save a ton of money by making your own teas at home.
If you are a herbal tea fan, you know that you can pay $2-$3 for a cup of tea at a specialty shop. This can really add up and take a bite out of your budget.
This article will show you how easy it is to learn how to make your own herbal teas. Homemade herbal teas have tons of uses:
- Homemade Tea is an excellent Birthday Gift
- Homemade Tea is a thoughtful Christmas Gift
- Homemade Tea is great as a herbal medicine
- Homemade Tea is a big seller at craft fairs
- Homemade Tea is perfect for a small home business
- Homemade Tea does well at Farmers Markets
- Homemade Tea can earn you some extra money
So whatever your reason for wanting to know how to make herbal tea, this article and resources should help to get you started. Once you have the basic principles down, getting creative with your flavors and herbs is really fun.
Make Your Own Herbal Tea
Making herbal tea is actually very basic and to get started their are just a few items and resources you need. Here they are:
- Tea Recipes - Our tea recipes will give you the basics on how to make a variety (over 110 kinds!!) of single herb infused teas. This is a free resource, so take advantage of this.
- Wholesale Herbs - This is our supplier of all our herbs for our various herbal teas. The best quality and they are available in bulk. Herbal tea for pennies a cup!
- Empty Tea Bags - these are so cute, little fillable tea bags for your homemade herbal teas. Just pennies each, these are a nice touch
- Herbal Tea Recipe Book - A must have resource for those who wish to blend their own teas. These are all of my top herbal tea recipes that sell really well. There are over 80 tea recipes with multiple herbs in the book.
Once you have all the items above, there is just one rule to making herbal tea at home. (It is a loose rule, more like a guide or rule of thumb).
One Teaspoon of Herb for each cup of tea.
It is that simple. You may want to play with this a bit, but as a general rule, this is how you make your own herbal tea.
Steeping times vary for the different herbs, but generally 4 minutes is minimum.
Packaging Your Tea
If you are going to sell your tea (which is an awesome idea!!). There are two things that I have found to be successful. The first is the individual tea bags that you can make your tea in. The resource for purchasing these is above, and the other top seller is storing the tea in clear glass jars. Herbal tea looks so pretty in a small glass jar, and you can attach the recipe to to the jar with raffia or print the recipe right on the label (using your home computer).
If you are going to store the herbal tea you have made in a glass jar, a cool dark cupboard is best. If the herbal tea is exposed to the sunlight, the herbs will lose their color and taste.
Another nice touch is to put some fabric over the top of the jar, (just a square of fabric) and tie it with ribbon. It is really a nice touch and you can use fabrics that are associated with what you are selling or giving away.
I would love to hear your success stories or answer your questions about making herbal tea, or setting up a herbal tea business from home.
Please contact me through the form below.
Lets talk Herbal Tea Making!
Do you have a success story or question about making herbal tea at home? Share it!
What Other Visitors Have Said
Click below to see contributions from other visitors to this page...
Return from Make Your Own Herbal Tea to Herbal Tea
Return to Herbal Tea Home