Health Benefits of Peppermint Tea
The health benefits of peppermint tea are very intersting. Peppermint has often been used to ease an upset stomach, and perhaps this is the benefit that peppermint in general is most kown for.
This is why many restaurants have little peppermint candies for you on your way out!
This article will provide you with many health benefits that can be obtained from drinking peppermint tea.
Peppermint Tea Benefits
Peppermint tea has been an age old remedy for many stomach and digestive issues, but there are other common ailments that can be soothed with a delicious cup of hot mint tea.
Here are just some of the benefits of peppermint tea:
- Peppermint Tea is helps with digestion
- Peppermint Tea can ease nausea
- Peppermint Tea can ease stress
- Peppermint Tea can relieve a stress headache
- Peppermint Tea can relieve diarrhea
- Peppermint Tea can ease a bloated stomach
- Peppermint Tea will freshen bad breath
- Peppermint Tea can help those suffering from IBS
- Peppermint Tea is caffeine free
- Peppermint Tea is a muscle relaxant
- Peppermint Tea can relieve heartburn
- Peppermint Tea is safe while breastfeeding
- Peppermint Tea eases colic in babies
Overall peppermint tea is mostly used to ease an upset stomach, promote healthy digestiion, and get rid of gas.
It is an excellent tea to serve after a large family meal, and a nice touch as you serve dessert.
Here is the basic recipe for making peppermint tea:
Mint Tea Recipe
If you are wondering How to Make Peppermint Tea, it is easy! Herre is the basic recipe. You can enhance it by adding other herbs or loose teas as well if you like. If you do add black loose tea, or any other type of true tea, it will no longer be caffeine free.
- 1-2 teaspoons organic peppermint
- 8 ounces fresh boiled water
Steep the mint leaves in an empty fillable tea bag or tea strainer for 10 minutes depending on the desired strength of tea.
Buying Peppermint Leaves
We have an excellent supplier of organic and wildcrafted herbs. You can buy top quality organic peppermint at wholesale prices by visiting our Tea Herbs section of the site.
I hope you learned a few more benefits of drinking peppermint tea and it is useful to you at some point in the future.
Return from Health Benefits of Peppermint Tea to Tea Benefits
Return from Health Benefits of Peppermint Tea to Herbal Tea